Hello again everyone!
Wait until you try this recipe, it's awesome! Don't be put off by the title, because honestly, once you have a taste of the crustless quiche, you won't want to go back to the normal quiche!
This is another super easy recipe!
Prep and cook time: 20 mins
Bake time: 1 hour or until browned on the top.
- 110 g (4oz) bacon, this can be either streaky or back bacon
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 170 ml (6 fl oz) whipping cream (double cream can also be used)
- 570 g frozen chopped broccoli or spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (mushrooms can also be used as a yummy alternative)
- 225 g (8oz) Gruyere cheese, shredded (or any of your own choices of cheese can be used)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (gas mark 4) Butter a 25 cm (10-inch) tart pan
2. In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper, coarsely chop.
3. Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from frying pan. Add onion and cook 5 mins, until softened but not brown. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, broccoli, cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in bacon and onion.
4. Pour mixture into prepare pan. Bake 1 hour, until browned, or until a knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 mins before cutting into wedges.
You'll love this and want to cook it time and time again! I hope you enjoy this yummy quiche as much as I do! :)