If you hate tomatoes, but love lasagne, then this is the recipe for you! :) Lasagne without tomatoes is yummy rich and satisfying, you're going to want to eat it for breakfast the next day!
- A box of lasagne sheets
- a packet of mince (I normally use to packets of mince when I'm cooking in bulk)
- two white onions
- a tin of tomato puree
- 2 tsp olive oil
- lasagne sauce (this can be bought at any local supermarket)
- Tart pan or casserole dish with a fairly descent thickness of around 1-2 inches
Prep and cooking time: 1 hour
1. Put olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat and add onions.
2. Cook onions until they go transparent, not until they are brown.
3. Add mince, add cook until browned.
4. Add tomato puree, turn hob down to a lower heat.
5. In a saucepan, heat up lasagne sauce.
6. Layer the bottom of your casserole dish with your mince, tomato puree and onions.
7. Next put a layer of lasagne sheets over the top.
8. Cover lasagne sheets with the lasagne sauce and repeat step 6, 7 and 8 until you run out of mince and lasagne sauce. You should be left with lasagne sauce at the top, sprinkle your grated cheese over the top and put in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 mins.
Enjoy! :) You'll love eating this again and again!